Thursday, October 22, 2009

POLAROIDS

Many years ago my sister gave me her Polaroid One Step camera and I decided I would use it to take at least one picture every day for a year. I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I am a sap, and I like to have pictures of my friends and in the days before good digital cameras it seemed like a easy, fun, talent-proof way to document boring, everyday nonsense that only I a few others would care about. In retrospect, I documented a pretty great year - I was in a band I loved with people I loved (and still do), making a record I loved (and now have mixed feelings about), I was in love with an amazing girl, and I met and fell in love with a large lovable family of people known as The DFA. And I have 400+ pictures that document it all.

Since then I have owned two digital cameras that I have hardly used at all. It seems that unless I have a big clunky thing on my shoulder I don't take pictures which is a shame because I've done some shit in the past couple of years that I really wish I had more pictures of. So, the Polaroid is back. It's not convenient, and it's not cheap, but it is fun. So, I will do by best to scan and upload them regularly. Here are some randoms from the past month...Nick

10-03-09 Alex, Nile, Bernard, Tony.

10-07-09 Michael Classixx.

10-08-09 Poop 'Bot at Santo's.

10-09-09 Bros! HG!, Classixx, Fixed.

10-11-09 Matt's birthday. Nando & DJ.

10-11-09 The birthday boy & Andrew.

10-13-09. Dave P, The Mayor or Philly.

10-14-09 Tyler, Mike & Guy. Lampin' in Bushwick.

10-16-09 Austin's best party promoter, Ian Orth, at Austin's best party, Learning Secrets.

10-16-09 Austin's biggest trouble makers, Le & Thomas

10-19-09 Justine's Birthday. Mike blowing bubbles.

10-19-09 James & Nando.

10-19-09 The birthday girl.

10-19-09 James & Vito

10-21-09 2" Studer @ Gigantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment